Tuesday, February 28, 2012

yesterday, today and tomorrow...

Yesterday...good day....lots of laughs with old friends. From one of her dearest (in reference to how many friends have resurfaced) --Kelly is like a Coke...she brings the world together :o)



“Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire?” C.S. Lewis" Just love those BU college roomies.

Today...got the call to schedule a PET scan and port tomorrow!
1. Pray the scan is completely clear of any other tumors in her body. (6am)
2. Pray that Dr. Gogel places the port in Kelly with ease and no complications. (1pm)
3. This is day surgery, but also pray for it to be pain free for her.
4. Chemo starts Thursday...pray that her body accepts the treatment and begins to heal.

I keep making reference to our devotion...a dear friend of Kim's gave all us girls in the family this little book in case you want to know...it is "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
--If you try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat...It is in the present moment that I walk close to you, helping you carry your burdens. Keep your focus on My Presence in the present--

We are forever in debt to all of you for your continued prayers.

7 comments:

  1. Godspeed, Kelly Stewart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord.....Jeremiah 30:17

    Kelly, you are in my prayers everyday (several times a day!) God Bless you and your family.

    Carolyn (Davis) Elizondo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and others...God is so amazing! I too am doing the Jesus Calling devotion and because it is a date thing, that means we are reading together. Since hearing the news, I keep reflecting on the devotions I read and how I should send some of them on. What a delight to find out, you have already read them! I am so thankful we serve a God that transcends our meager minds, thoughts and abilities. Keep leaning Kelly, Jason and family! You're being prayed for by my 5th grade class and people all over California now!
    Love,
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Carol for expressing how the whole family is feeling. Thank y'all for showing so much compassion. All your prayers are getting us through this difficult time. Love, Paula P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, Miss Paula! Love to you all!
      Kim Fenneman

      Delete
  6. Kelly, we are praying for you through this and know that God has a plan and you are so important to him and that plan. We are praying for Jason and the kids as well. Praying for strength and peace. Love to all
    the Martinez Family

    ReplyDelete