Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We Gather Together


Thanks to everyone who came by and joined in prayer over Kelly, Jason, Will, Ben, Sam & Ella tonight.

Kelly told me as I was leaving tonight that she felt an amazing sense of peace. God's presence was evident, and He will never leave her side throughout this time in her life. Neither will we.

Kelly was feeling some stomach pain early this month, and after some tests and a CT scan, the doctors found a mass in her pancreas and spots on her liver. We have created this blog to keep you up to date on Kelly's progress so she and her family won't have to re-tell the medical updates to the hundreds of friends who care so much for them.  Feel free to subscribe to the blog because when Kelly, Jason or the kids request specific prayers, they will be broadcast to you via email.

Thursday, February 16th, Kelly will have a biopsy on her liver. Prayers are being lifted up for wise doctors, concise diagnosis, quick recovery and successful planning for Kelly's next steps to recovery.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:7


Blessings,
Gayla

26 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    Much love and prayers are being sent by all. Please rely on your family and friends and we will do all we can to help you!
    Love,
    Carol Van Biezen & Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    all my prayers to you and your family. Please let me know if we can do anything for you or Jason and the kids.
    Love Michelle Martinez and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,

    All the Fleetwoods send our love and prayers to you and Jason and the kids. xoxoxo

    Love, Katie Fleetwood and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,

    The Swopes are lifting you up in prayers every second, every minute, every hour, every day. God is amazing. Please let us know if we can do anything for you and Jason.
    The Swopes
    Fin Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly,
    Our family will be praying for you
    love, Courtney, Chris, Jack, Ben, Emma and Ty

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys and I are praying daily together, and are ready to come over and make you all grin ear to ear anytime!!! Prayers, hugs and love!
    Jena, Dylan "D" and Cam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,
    I know it's been a while since I've seen you since leaving Gunstream, but you are in my prayers and thoughts!
    ~Birgitte Blackwell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly,
    Josh and I are praying for you everyday. Our God is great and I know He is with you and your beautiful family always! We love you! If you need anything please let us know.
    Amanda Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband Tommy and I will pray for you everyday for God to do a miraculous healing in your body. Precious one, you will be constant in our thoughts.
    Johnnie and Tommy Hatfield
    (Joy Hatfield's parents)

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying for you Kelly, and your precious family. Hugs from Jeff and Kelli (Donaldson) Smith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you and your beautiful family. Much love
    Monica Clift

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you and your family!!!
    Angie Frizzell Gillean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lord, I lift up Kelly to you right now. We ask that you be with her throughout this ordeal. Let her feel your presence and your love. Take away her fear and give her a peace. You can do this Heavenly Father. We don't understand any of this, but we do know you love her. Be with her mother, father, husband,children, and all who love her. Sustain them during this time. Wrap your loving arms around all of them. Thank you, Lord. Amen Lloyd and Linda Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking of and praying for you and your family!
    Jeri Voss

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Kelly- I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your sweet family. I hope you know how much I, along with the whole Gunstream family, love and care about you. I know that if anyone can beat this, it's you! You have such a positive spirit and the love of so many behind you! If there is anything at all I can do for you, please let me know. Hugs, Paige Almond

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking and praying for you and your family. Much love,
    Tami Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying for you and your family Kelly. Much love to you all, Angela Burke

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers every day. Every thought I have of you is with that big beautiful smile you have. Try to keep on smiling. You are so loved. Angie Kennedy alcorn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly - you have always been such a force for good and a true example of what's positive in this world. I know you must have a TON of loving friends and family around you, praying for you, thinking about you and I'm certainly standing in the crowd with them. Lots of love and support, Nikki Rex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly, I am praying for you and your family. I pray God gives you complete healing and strength during your recovery. I miss you and your sweet smile, Laura LeCount Koop

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praying for you, sweet Kelly, and your family.

    Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    Much love - Keri McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kelly:

    Sending prayers and love to you and your family. Our family will continue to pray for comfort and peace for all of you.

    Much Love and God Bless...

    Robert & Tina Ward

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelly - thinking of you. I have always admired you for your grace, strength and genuine self. I pray for you and a quick recovery.
    Love,
    Monica Myers and Family

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kelly - I know it has been SO long, but I am sending positive vibes your way....I will keep you in my thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery!

    Stacey Lawson-Barr

    ReplyDelete
  25. you don't know me, but I know you because I know someone who loves you very, very much. we go through our lives passing many folks with whom we could have been close, if circumstances were only different. circumstances bring us together or can move us apart. here, now, in these circumstances, a precious mom faces a tough test while the rest of us, strangers in some cases, can just go on about our lives. But, not in this case. your loved ones have reached out to their loved ones and we are coming together with you in mind in His name. in all things, His name...

    ReplyDelete
  26. over a year ago, a dear relative of mine, a sorority sister of yours, alerted my wife and me of your challenge. we ordered the t-shirts, we prayed, but mainly we followed your blog, your recovery progress. we traveled about our lives into Italy wearing the Team Kelly t-shirts. but you should know, our exposure to our relative's love for you has brought us together, to God, in a way never before experienced. Thank you, Kelly, for being braver and stronger, and more than we could ever be...one day, I hope to hug your neck. it's what McDonalds do when they love some one...you are someone we love...

    ReplyDelete