Wednesday, February 29, 2012

answered prayers...

KELLY'S PET SCAN WAS CLEAR!!!!
did you hear me?? IT IS CLEAR!!!

God is so good.

The port placement went good without any complications. Tomorrow the battle begins. Chemo is at 9am. She will be on a 48 hour drip...a pouch she can wear around her waist. We are thankful she can get treatment at home even if it means sporting a fanny pack ;)

He answered prayers today. He held our hands. He is in control. He is so good.

Specific prayers for tomorrow:
1. Pray the side effects are minimal...and for whatever side effects she does have they can give her meds to minimize them.
2. Pray a big thank you for giving Kelly positive news today.
3. Pray that her anxiety lessens as she is just really scared of the unknown...this chemo is very harsh.
4. Pray another BIG thank you to our Father for watching over our family.


7 comments:

  1. So AWESOME!!!! Praying for your day tomorrow Kelly. We are so thankful to our Lord for the wonderful news of your PET scan.

    Love, Laura Speight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you ... thanks for answered prayers and help as the fight to win begins today. Jerry says, "Don't stop believing!"

    Love ... Jerry and Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, this is the perfect picture for this announcement. Carol, you are QUITE the BLOGGER!!
    I'm so proud of you, Kelly. You are doing an amazing job and the strong faith you have in Christ is going to get you through all of this. Isn't it amazing the peace HE can give us during trials? You are a testament of God's grace. If there are any non-believers that are witnessing this road you're taking, I ask them to open their hearts to witness the miracles God has in store for you (and everyone, for that matter).
    I don't know why you have been chosen to be this example, but you are changing lives along the way. :-)
    I love you, Kelly! Stay strong! Let all of the prayers around the country (and probably the world by now) continue to give you strength.
    Love, love, love,
    Gayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GREAT News!!
    Thank you GOD for answering all our prayers!!! GOD is GOOD!!!

    Thank you for posting Kelly's Journey and allowing us to pray along with you and your family.

    We will continue to pray daily for Kelly and her family.

    with love
    Dana (Clem) Barton
    and the Barton family

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful, wonderful news!!!God does listen to our prayers. Michael's wife Leslie is proved of that. All of our family is praying for you. We know Gods power! My love to all, I know this is a hard journey but alot of people really care.

    Sharon Victor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! You are an amazing example of faith Kelly! We are lifting u all up:) TaraHendrick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! God is listening and he is answering:-). Kelly, as I drive through Frisco I picture so many families On their knees praying for you. I hope you, Jason and your sweet family feel the power of prayer. The Christian community begins to seem so small when I realize all the amazing believers in your life. Everywhere i go someone is asking for prayer for you. So encouraging. I am praying for you to have strength in the midst of chemo and health for you and your family. Yeah God!!!

    ReplyDelete