"It's just hair"...I hate that saying. Here is the ugly truth...your hair is a part of who you are. It's a part of how people see you and know you. Chemo is going to make it fall out...it's not going to be easy...but God was there at that stupid wig place today making us laugh and cry, and sweet Mrs. Tate helped us find the perfect "kelly" cut and color. Deep breath. Hair or no hair. God will be there.
We thank Him for being with us today. It was a a brutal day, but we saw His humor and unconditional love through Mrs. Tate and Old Don. And we are thankful to Him for it.
Laura Tate is a gem! So glad Kelly went there...best place for those wigs & great people. Kelly....I am a friend of Jill Handal's & teach w/ her. I am praying for you daily. Prayers are powerful!
ReplyDelete~Kelly May
I am saddened and inspired by your story. I am a friend of Angie Johnson. I pray for healing, and restoration quickly! Many prayer warriors battling for you.
ReplyDeleteHollie Jackson
Kelly,
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you even remember me from SGHS, but I certainly remember you. I keep telling people to pray for our Homecoming Queen because she was the sweetest person at our school. I think you went to the dance with Kirk Wade, one of my best friends from the Saturn Rd. Church of Christ youth group! I am praying for you daily and just want you to know that you're never far from my thoughts. Much love, Sheila (Boon) Holsinger