Friday, March 23, 2012

PRAY BIG...


--Some of the hardest times in my life, I have been able to make the more difficult choice out of pure blind-eyed, bent- kneed acceptance that is somehow part of a greater plan. Against self-centeredness...as much as my flesh wanted relief, I knew that when all was said and done, I'd sit on the side of glory having much rather fulfilled my calling than served myself all the way to meaninglessness. I had to accept that I was not called to an easy life, but a purposeful one! -- a text kelly got today from a dear friend on the study of Esther.

Dr. Savin called today...there is some shrinkage...the chemo is working! Such positive news! He also said there is a blood clot. She will have to take a blood thinner shot twice a day. Scary as it is, she has God and TEAM KELLY cheering her on!! Some of us teammates were worried about doing a scan so soon...thinking the chemo has not had enough time to do its job. But God knew she needed that scan...her doctor ordered it, but God already designed every minute of this past week for kelly. Dr. Savin, her family, her friends, her boost of energy...He planned it all...in precise detail. He has planned a purposeful life for kelly...for all of us.

If you want a TEAM KELLY shirt, let us know by Sunday night. We are ordering Monday.

PRAY BIG...
1. For her anxiety and sadness about her hair loss
2. For the blood thinning shots to dissolve the clot
3. For the twice a day shot to be easy and pain free
4. For peace and reassurance of His presence
5. Thank Him for placing good, loving friends in her life
6. For jason, will, ben, sam and ella...always


13 comments:

  1. We love you, Kelly! Thinking of you daily.

    Tara Ashmore-Seifert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God for the test results!!! Lord please be with Kelly at each moment, may she feel your presence and your peace and your love. Kelly, your smile shines so bright that no one will even notice if one hair is lost. We are all so grateful for your courage and strength through this journey. To give you strength, even though I know the needle for the shot for blood thinner might be bigger than Grace's insulin needle, just think of Grace and pretend she is taking a shot with you!!! (Grace takes 5 shots a day now) Lord knows I would take it for her and YOU if it would help!!! But your body needs the medicine, so be brave! : ) We will be ordering our Team Kelly shirts and wearing them proudly!! Much love and many prayers to all!! The Weihings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly:

    So HAPPY to hear the good news!

    We are on Team Kelly and will continue to pray for peace for you and the family. Wish I was still just down the street so I could do more..but since I'm not, I can still pray and share your story so others will pray. You have many Cajuns praying for you right now.

    Keep looking forward, one step in front of the other. If you are weak.. God, Family and friends will pick you up and carry you until you can do it again.

    Praying for you each and every day.

    Much love,

    Robert and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking and praying for you and your family. So glad for the good test results!!
    Laura Green and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy about the good results! At least the results are good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Jones family would like 4 shirts. 2 Adult large, 1 kids medium (Zach age 9) and 1 kids small (Ava age 7). I will bring Jason a check to practice on Wednesday. Thank you. God Bless.
    Amy Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,
    You and your family have been in my thoughts & prayers everyday. We're in full support of team Kelly! Please order us 1 adult med & 1 adult small.

    Jennifer Foster & family

    Jferfoster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jason....
    Big prayers from Waco for you, Kelly, the kids and everyone involved. May the peace that passes all understanding be known and embraced now and today.

    I'll take a large t-shirt if not too late!

    Ross Purdy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, I am so happy for your test results and I know that every test from here on will just get better and better. I pray for you and your family every day, several times a day.

    I would also like to order a t-shirt (L) and I will send Blake and Carol a check. We'll have a "Team Kelly" in San Antonio!!!

    God Bless you!!!

    Carolyn Elizondo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly,
    so happy for you about the results. What a victorious milestone.

    I hope it's not too late to order a t-shirt (L). I'll be in Dallas soon and can pick it up. My email is nikkirex@yahoo.com.

    Go Team Kelly!
    nikki (reynolds) rex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, hugs and prayers with you and your family. You are a beautiful, strong woman...Proverbs 16:3.

    ~Melissa Winters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly,
    I'm so happy for your good news. I think and pray daily for you and your family.
    You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. You can do this! :)

    GO TEAM Kelly GO!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Dana (Clem) Barton

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to make sure you got my order from Sunday. I posted it on a different post, not this one (sorry!). It was for the Smith family, 1 XL, 1 Large and 1 Kids Medium for Riley age 9. Let me know if there are any problems. My email is sls4osu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete