Hey there team kelly :) We are updating you from the chemo lounge...YES SHE IS GETTING CHEMO TODAY!! Her counts are great! Her platelets have doubled and her white blood cells are normal. Tumor marker has come down too since surgery and the last chemo 2 weeks ago. In other words, the chemo is working! After today's treatment, she will take a week off and begin another round May 2nd. Thank you for always praying and always encouraging Kelly and our entire family.
So many of you have reached out to Kelly and touched her in a way that only God can...thank you for allowing Him to use you in her fight. One person in particular, Amy (her sorority sister) sent her a Facebook message. Kelly has held onto Amy's story and this quote she gave her has really helped her this past week...
"I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
I believe in love, even when I do not feel it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent" - Author Unknown
We are never going to understand the workings of God on this side of heaven, but I know that He is watching over you and cries when you cry. Hold on tightly - you're doing an amazing job fighting! Love you,
Amy
The Otteson family has witnessed God's miracles first hand. We wanted to share it with you...
Gore's story on the Today Show
Amy and her husband Dave have written a book, Giving up Gore, on their experience. We are downloading our copy right now! Thank you Amy for reaching out to Kelly. God bless you and your family!
Some prayer requests for now:
1. To keep healing from last week's surgery.
2. Kelly's had some trouble with nausea and pain medicine...pray we can manage the right medicines to keep her feeling good so she can fight.
3. For the side effects to be minimal
4. For appetite and hydration
5. Thank Him for Tammy...our nurse, our advocate, and our friend. God created one very special lady.
Team Kelly...meet Tammy :)

I keep on praying since I had met you in the infusion area one time about 8 months ago or so. My mom just keeps battling too through Jesus's help. We love Tammy too, what a blessing!!
ReplyDelete