Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a quick update...

No chemo today.  Her platelets are too low...this is not uncommon after several treatments.  They rescheduled for this coming Monday.  Please continue to lift her up in prayer.  We want the chemo...we want her counts back up.  Pray she fights any infection that she may encounter.  Pray the kids don't bring any harmful germs home from school.

I read these verses from our devotion yesterday...it has been been in the front of my mind all last night and today so I thought I'd share...

I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations.  Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees.  No danger then of walking around high and mighty!  At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it.  Three times I did that, and then He told me.
          My grace is enough; it's all you need.
          My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen.  I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift.  It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness.  Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size--abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks.  I just let Christ take over!  And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10  The Message

Hope you have a blessed day~ Go TEAM KELLY!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kelly..

    I heard about you through Faye and Tom Jones. Just wanted to let you know I fought the battle in 1979, and with God's help, I won. At my 10-year follow-up visit with my oncologist, he told me, "Ten years ago, I wouldn't have given you a plugged nickel for your chances of seeing this day, but here you are." I told him it was by the grace of God.

    I lost my thick, mostly straight hair. It all came back, even thicker, and is now very wavy. Yours will return as well, maybe the same as it was, maybe different, but it will return.

    God bless you. May He ease the reactions to the chemo, but strengthen the effects. Hold fast to Him, visualize the drugs zapping the cancer, and keep smiling. One day this will all be just a memory, and you will have the rest of a happy life ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James 5 14-16
    Is any one of you sick? He should call the leders of the church to pray over him and anoint him in oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

    PRAYING FOR YOU KELLY...Dawn

    ReplyDelete