Sunday, May 6, 2012

play ball...

What's up TEAM KELLY?  Hope you have had as blessed a week and weekend as the Stewart family.  Here is a recap since Tuesday's last update...

wednesday~
She was able to attend a benefit for  Children's Cancer Fund.  Miss Averi, a friend from Ben's class at school, participates in this "fashion show" every year.  Each child gets to choose an outfit from Dillard's and walk the runway with a celebrity by their side.  Averi has been fighting cancer since she was a baby.  At 12 years old and 2 feet tall, she is a true fighter and a constant reminder of HOPE to all those that know her.  kelly adores her and has known her since she started kindergarten with ben.  This benefit is sponsored and driven by Roger Staubach and several other celebs like Troy Aikmen, Clarise Tinsley, Mike Modano to name a few.  Check out who is lunching with the celebs now...

kelly and mr. staubach
kelly, julianne and mr. modano
averi making her debut
workin' it
ownin' it
averi and her amazing teachers :)


what a fun dessert...yum!
averi, sister emory and mom penny


thursday~
She got a surprise in the mail...she was given a shawl knitted by hand and threaded with prayers from a group of women at Wilshire Baptist Church.  They sat around a gathered circle, passing the shawl through praying hands.  As they knitted, they prayed for our kelly...how cool is that?  God's love pouring into her from these ladies she's never even met.

And she got a card with "the top 7 things I love about kelly..."
7.  Her unwavering FAITH!  She has taught me to ALWAYS trust in the Lord through how she has handled herself in this crisis.
6.  She is always SO nice to everyone who is lucky enough to be around her (my daughter added this one :))
5.  Her sweet voice - Not just the ONLY positive things that she says but her wonderful laugh!
4.  Her beautiful smile - When she smiles at you, you know everything is OK (she's almost always smiling even these last few months)
3.  Her giving heart 0 Even when she is going through so much, she is still thinking of others 0 making them feel special - WOW what we could all learn from that!
2.  How creative she is - When I'm stuck on making something I think "what would kelly do?"  And it comes to me.  I used that just this week when making something for teacher appreciation week.
1.  WHAT AN AWESOME MOM SHE IS!!  How could she not be with wonderful children like ella, sam,  ben and will???

friday~saturday~sunday~
An entire weekend full of baseball...all three boys played in the Strikes for Cancer tournament...sporting TEAM KELLY jerseys of course!  She felt so good (not having had treatment Tuesday) and was able to go to, sam's games Saturday morning, will's games saturday night, and Ben's games sunday.  Plus a game for ella somewhere in there.  Are you tired yet?  That's 11 games total I think!  Just typing all that makes me tired...and I am not going through chemo!!  She really is super mom.  I saw a shirt yesterday that said - I'm a mommy...what is your super power? - I thought of kelly immediately at the ball fields all weekend long.


Here is TEAM KELLY playin' ball...hope you don't mind...there are a lot of pics...but all so cute!



































here is what the rest of TEAM KELLY has been up to this week...
















I am loving our side by side NIV/Message Bible.  You should get one.  It's awesome.  Many of you, I'm sure, know and love this verse...

~I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.  Phil 4:13  NIV

here is The Message version...verses 10-14

~I'm glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess--happy that you're again showing strong concern for me.  Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me.  You just had no chance to show it.  Actually, I don't show it.  I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

we have HOPE.  we have HIM.  we have STRENGTH.

Wear your shirts tomorrow!  Chemo is scheduled for 9am!  For those of you who don't have shirts yet, they should be here very soon...hopefully tomorrow :)

please pray this:
1.  Thank Him for an amazing week full of rich blessings...unexpected blessings.
2.  For kelly to crave water! We don't want her to get dehydrated again.
3.  For platelets to be high so she can get treatment
4.  For family and friends that surround her with crazy amounts of love and support from purple shoe laces, to TEAM KELLY hair bows, to high school friends bringing dinner, to best friends stopping by to clean house and make beds on a Sunday while she is at baseball games.
5.  For her spirit to stay UP!
6.  For jason, will, ben, sam and ella...always.





No comments:

Post a Comment