Monday, April 30, 2012

TEAM KELLY is buzzin' everywhere...

What's up TEAM KELLY?  Love all these pics!  Keep'em coming!









Justin Bieber's hair is so yesterday.  TEAM KELLY is buzzin' everywhere.  
Check out these beautiful heads...of no hair!









Friday, she said goodbye to her crazy locks that have held on longer than expected.  It was tough, but she powered through it with amazing bravery, strength and grace.  She is absolutely beautiful of course.  And her wigs (yes that is plural... cuz a girl's gotta have options) are all so beautiful on her.  This part of going through chemo, has been such an emotional experience.  The anxiety building up to Friday has been exhausting.  She is so grateful to have gotten through that obstacle.  Grateful her hair held on as long as it did.  Grateful for wigs that look so real and lots of cute accessories :)  And she is SO grateful for all the support from her friends and family.  Here are some pics of her sporting some of her new looks :)








so cute right? 

These are the precious middle school girls who 
"didn't want to shave our heads, so we made this scrapbook for you instead :) " 



Ok so hang with me while I just randomly tell you about a few things that touched her heart and she wanted to share...  


a close friend left her this letter when she brought dinner~
"when I was 11, my mom was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease (cancer of the lymphatic system) and had a huge tumor in her chest cavity.  She was 36 years old and had an 11 and 9 year old.  Back in 1982, the prognosis was poor and the doctor told her to get her affairs in order.  My mother, however, is a red headed fighter and she decided that she would do it all to stay with us.  She was also a new Christian baptized only a year earlier and this was an extreme text of her faith.  Our church came to pray over her and brought us meals.  People were praying for her near and far.  I was so humbled and amazed, even as a child, how people I barely even knew came to support us.  After a year of prayers and treatments, my mom was completely cancer free.  I know some say it was the medicine, but we all felt that it was a true miracle.  No one else in her support group that had the disease survived.  As an 11 year old, I knew that God had saved my mommy and I became a believer.  I don't know what God has in store for you, but know that I have TRUE FAITH IN MIRACLES!  As my family was the recipient of God's great mercy, I pray with all my heart that your kids will have the same story to tell."

a message she got on facebook~
nothing I can say or do, but prayer is all I know.
Into His hands I commit your spirit:)
Hang in there.
Thinking of u.
I know what u are going thru.
U are inspiring me.
U are teaching me, and now I get to pray with my children daily which is something I've never done.
Praise Him.

a friend of ben's told his mom this~
"You know how most of the time, you just have to know that God loves you? Miss kelly is so lucky.  God shows her how much He loves her every day by seeing TEAM KELLY shirts.  that's pretty awesome.

will's teacher sent her this~
"Just wanted to share with you all the BUZZ that is going on around will.  I know you are already aware of the masses wanting to lift you up in prayer and support you jason, will, ben, sam and ella.  But to see it first hand at school is so amazing.  I'm moved each and everyday that will comes in with a genuine smile across his face.  He is such a warrior for you even when you aren't' here in his classes to see it.  His friends and teachers are pulling for you and praying for you and following your journey. 

These blessings are only just a few acts of kindness from TEAM KELLY.  This past week of feeling good and back to normal was full of blessings...she is using them all to gear up for a big fight this week.  She is already ahead in the fight as she goes into tomorrow...her visit with Dr. Savin was very encouraging today...her tumor indicator has dropped from it's highest at 8800 to just over 400!! Praise God!

Please pray this:
1.  Thank Him for shrinking numbers which means shrinking tumors!
1.  Thank Him for cute wigs and for the anxiety over her hair that has been lifted.
2.  Thank Him for a week full of energy and blessings at home and on the ball fields and time spent with friends and family.
3.  Thank Him for the kids that are witnessing His work in kelly's life.
4.  Pray for nourishment and hydration...it's hard for her to finish a liter of water each day.  
5.  Pray for the will to fight.  Give her these blessings for ammunition tomorrow.

WEAR YOUR TEAM KELLY SHIRT TOMORROW TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT ON CHEMO DAY!  If you don't have one yet...don't panic.  It's on the way.  We'll let you know when they come in :)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, up very early morning reading this update. I am praying daily for Kelly. My son keeps asking for a team KELLY shirt. He is in Ella's grade at school. If you do another order, we are in for an adult medium and youth medium. Thank you. These shirts are amazing! Seeing them all over Frisco, knowing the support Kelly has. God is using these Shirts for His Glory.
    Patty Brasuell
    Brasuellboys@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Larry and I are praying. Larry is a 5 year survivor of esophageal cancer...and it will be 6 years since he had kidney cancer... Thanks be to God! The one thing we learned through all this is that with God...NOTHING is impossible! Our God is so amazing!! We pray for you knowing that.

    Much Love,
    Elaine and Larry Abbott

    ReplyDelete