Monday, April 23, 2012

kelly's got her hope back...



Hi TEAM KELLY :) 
Here are some pics we got over the weekend.  She had so many happy tears 
at her TEAM supporting her this weekend.  Love each and everyone of you!
























You'll be happy to know your prayers are being heard...kelly is feeling so much better.  She even went to church for the first time in 2 months!  Her steadfast and faithful friends helped get her there.  This is an email sent to the pastors of their church...


Paul and Jim,


You don't know me, but my husband Allen and I, along with our 3 boys, have been attending Preston Trails Community Church since July.  We are a part of a small community within the church of 6 families who serve along side each other on the Frisco Young Life Committee.  I wanted to let you know how the Lord used you this morning to encourage us.


One of our sweet friends, Kelly Stewart, was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver.  (She and her husband, Jason, are a part of our community mentioned above.)  Since her chemo treatments began 8 weeks ago, Kelly has not had the energy to attend church.  This morning, after a very discouraging week from Tuesday's treatment, she awoke early with renewed strength and hope.  She texted myself and our other best friend, Elizabeth Bobo, with words of the Lord's encouragement, and the 3 of us began feverishly texting each other with praises of joy and hope for His new mercies this morning.  You see, ever since her diagnoses we have claimed the promise that He shows us new mercies each morning, taking one day at a time and being thankful for that day and His mercies.  


Today we picked Kelly up for church.  (Our husbands were all out of town.)  Elizabeth and I surprised her by wearing hats (she was embarrassed to have to wear a hat due to her hair)  and by spreading the word to wear our "Got hope? Team Kelly" shirts to show our support.


Jim, as you welcomed the congregation, the first words out of your mouth were about Jesus' new mercies every morning.  We immediately began to cry.  We were overwhelmed by that continued message from the Lord.  And I wanted to pass along His encouragement, knowing that His message was delivered through you in such a profound and encouraging way.  Thank you.  It is a small miracle the 3 of us will never forget.  New mercies!


Looking forward to tonight's gala!


Camey Dill

Paul's reply:

I saw Kelly this morning standing in the atrium wearing a hat, but I didn't notice others wearing a hat. It I was going the other direction, so I didn't get a chance to say hello to her. I'm so thankful that you women have solidarity with her in both her sufferings and her joys. That experience will ultimately change all of your lives.

I'm also thankful that God is using your families to help students find and follow Jesus Christ through young life. what a wonderful ministry!And how "thoughtful" of God to remind Jim of Lamentations 3:23 so he could say it today, especially for you three. :-)Paul


Jim's reply:

Camey,

I echo Paul's thoughts and am so glad that Kelly has so many who representthe "God of all comfort" in her life.  It was no accident that I used theLamentations passage in my intro yesterday morning . . . in preparation forthe service I prayed and asked God to direct me to the thoughts he wanted meto share . . . I sensed that the promise of new mercies needed to be liftedup again.  Now I know the reason:)


Jim 


her TEAM Sunday morning...



camey and elizabeth sporting some 
peace, love and team kelly bandanas :)



kelly has another favorite word...HOPE.  She tossed and turned in the early morning hours on Sunday...the word hope rattling around her brain.  What does that really mean?  So she googled it, like we do everything now days.  Desired expectations.  The opposite of despair.  An emotional state that promotes the belief of a positive outcome related to the events and circumstances in one's life.  kelly's desire is a miracle.  Hope and miracles kinda fit together like puzzle pieces.  But you can't have hope and miracles without Faith.  With the help of TEAM KELLY, she has got her HOPE back.  She's faithfully praying and believing in Jesus to heal her and help all of you through this journey she is taking.  







1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!! I can't wait till I get my shirt!

    My aunt had cancer, so I know how tough this is.I'm praying constantly for you Kelly! I make hair bows, and I am going to donate the money to you.I also make oversized baby blankets for adults, which I want to make one for you! Just email me at kbone2000@gmail.com. You are VERY close to my heart! I'm going to spread the word around at church on Sunday, so people will get your shirts and wristbands.

    GO KELLY, GO!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete