Monday, October 8, 2012

This is the day...

Hello TEAM KELLY, yes it's been a while...I know, I know!  (there ARE other authors of this blog...uh um...kim? kelly?  Of course I'm only kidding...I love being Kelly's scribe :) Forgive me for my breaks...usually due to mental melt downs and writers block!  But hey, I guess we all have our moments of insanity right?  Kelly is feeling great right now.  The last two weeks have been full of blessings.  Lots of time with friends and family and of course a whole lot of the kids' football and baseball games.  This weekend alone, she and Jason attended more than 12 baseball games.  Tired yet?  4 kids = LOTS of time at the ballpark!  

Backing up a bit, the week following chemo was not easy.  Kelly wants this blog (her story) to be positive.  But unfortunately, it's not always positive.  Treatment is really hard.  It knocks her to her knees.  Breaks her spirit. Demands her to fight.  It forces us all to reach deep down for strength that none of us think we have.  It takes her a full week to pull herself out of it.  But last Sunday at church, God showed her how His grace is ever present.  So many cancer patients undergoing treatment are hurting as the side effects are horrendous.  Her strength is a God given miracle every day.  Her pastor, Paul, mentioned Kelly in the weekly email as a young mother battling a serious cancer (wearing  a cute hat to cover her wig) smiling BIG thanking him for showing a video of a cancer patient who is enduring a extremely hard treatment.
She is so grateful for her endurance and ability to be there for her kids and for Jason.  She really did go to 12 baseball games this weekend in the freezing cold weather!  

Every day's devotion speaks to us.  Yesterday's devotion (the day before chemo) was this...

~In order to hear My voice, you must release all your worries into My care.  Entrust to Me everything that concerns you.  This clears the way for you to seek My Face unhindered.  Let Me free you from fear that is hiding deep inside you.  Sit quietly in My Presence, allowing My light to soak into you and drive out any darkness lodged within you.  Accept each day as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign over your life.  Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it.  Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances.  Trust Me and don't be fearful; thank Me and rest in my sovereignty.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Thank you all for your constant prayers and always being there for my sister and our family.  Whether it be a ride to practice or a game, a place to stay after school, a meal, a care package (thanks Crouch), an email, a text, a facebook message, a hug or a YOU CAN DO THIS card in the mail...they all keep her fighting!   Reminds me of the children's book about the little engine that could.  --I think I can, I think I can--TEAM KELLY is truly amazing...and YOU CAN DO THIS KELLY!  God's love shines so bright through all of you!

us girls just before chemo 3 weeks ago

Remember Jack's bracelets he made?  This is what Kelly did with the money he raised...filled the candy jars in the chemo lounge!  The other patients, their families and nurses were so grateful!  
Candy is just plain happy...it cheered a bunch of people that day!  Thanks Jack :)

Here is Grey sporting his purple TK sweat bands staying in bounds no doubt!

And here is Cass...or his leg anyway...he scored 2 TDs, an extra point, a whole bunch of QB sacks, forced fumbles and a fumble recovery!  TK and Cass were dominating!!!

 Haley and Madison had a lemonade stand for Kelly :)

 College roomies spent the day together Friday...crafts and laughs...well julie crafted while angela and kelly watched...but they did all laugh a lot :)

sweet grand at sam's baseball game...burrrrr

 some TK cookies made with love by carly and mallory :)

Ok, so tomorrow is Chemo day if her counts are up.  Wear your shirts to support our sweet kelly and please take and send pictures!  (even if you are not in Hawaii)  She loves seeing them and they pump her full of spirit and fight!  

Please pray this:
1.  Counts to be up!
2.  For her anxiety anticipating treatment.
3.  For her doctor appointment...that he may give her some encouragement.
4.  For hydration...the cold weather is not helping...she's not thirsty at all!
5.  To always be grateful first.
6.  And for jason, will, ben, sam and ella...always








2 comments:

  1. I keep my Facebook profile picture set to a picture of someone's Team Kelly shirt. It helps to remind me everyday to pray for her and think of her, as I am on Facebook everyday! LOL! I have been wondering how sh is doing. I pray tomorrow goes well. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today, Kelly! I'll be thinking of you all day.

    I've been meaning to send this picture to you since July. Procrastinate, much? The boys are sitting on top of Enchanted Rock, near Fredricksburg.

    http://greatreader.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/img_2454.jpg

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete