Tuesday, October 16, 2012

PURPLE STRIDE DFW 2012 Pancreatic Cancer Walk


Team Kelly, we have a powerful way to DO something about this pancreatic cancer.
It's the upcoming PurpleStride DFW 2012 Pancreatic Cancer Walk that will be held in Dallas on Sunday, November 11, 2012 starting at 8:00 AM on the Katy Trail at Reverchon Park on Maple Avenue.  To join TEAM KELLY, or to find out more information about the walk, click this link below:


If you have any questions about this event, please contact Gayla at 214-533-4260 or email gaylacruikshank@yahoo.com.  Kelly is going to walk with us, so let's support her physically, emotionally, and spiritually through this fight.

Stacey White, a friend of Kelly's, wrote this inviting us to support the fight:
"I know most of you know Kelly and follow her story and I wanted to share what I am doing this year at a golf tournament that I have every year in honor of my father.  I lost my dad to Pancreatic Cancer 4 years ago in November.  This year I wanted to honor Kelly.  The tournament is on Saturday, Nov 3rd at 10:00 am at Frisco Lakes Golf Course.  All of the proceeds are donated to www.Pancan.org for research.  I am also a Dallas Affiliate for Pancreatic Cancer and we do a walk every year called Purple Stride which is on Nov 11th at Katy Trail in Dallas.  Last year at the walk Dallas raised $300,000 that was donated to PanCan.  I donate all of my proceeds at the walk.  Last year I raised over $14,000 at my golf tournament.  Would love to have you guys and anyone else you know or who knows Kelly come out and support Pancreatic Cancer Research at the golf tournament or the walk. Wear your Team Kelly shirts to support Kelly and come join the fun.  Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who would be interested.     

Here are the link to the golf tournament fundraiser:  

http://www.golfdigestplanner.com/22044-4thAnnualJimPresselMemorialGolfT

The new update from PANCAN (please read the link below) The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has released a special report called, The Alarming Rise of Pancreatic Cancer Deaths in the United States: Why We Need to Stem the Tide Today. This report was written by the organization's Research and Scientific Affairs team, led by our Vice President of Scientific and Medical Affairs Lynn Matrisian, PhD. 

The alarming findings presented in the report include the fact that by the year 2020, and possibly as early as 2015, pancreatic cancer will move from the fourth leading cause of cancer death to the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States.

Here is the link if you would like to read the story: 
http://www.pancan.org/section_research/reports/pdf/incidence_report_2012.pdf

Let's join forces, Team Kelly!  Register for the golf tournament that will raise thousands of dollars, tell you friends to register to play, join TEAM KELLY at the PurpleStride, and tell your friends to join to walk or become a virtual teammate.  Let's cover the Katy Trail with TEAM KELLY SHIRTS!



Oh, and here's a little tidbit of blogger information for you to chew on:
Want to know how many times people are logging into Kellybridge around the world to check on and pray for our little Kelly Stewart since February 2012?

113,489 times in the United States
129 in Sweden
88 in the United Kingdom
44 in Russia
42 in Australia
25 in Canada
18 in Switzerland
16 in Rwanda
12 in Ireland
12 in Mexico

TEAM KELLY IS GLOBAL

Love you KELLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment