Sunday, July 21, 2013

the new normal...

hi Team Kelly...

I've missed my job of informing you on how she is doing.  I've missed my most important job...taking care of Kelly.  We all miss her like crazy.  The amputation as Jason put it is a very real and accurate description.  I remember when she was first diagnosed, I told Blake I felt like I was losing one of my lungs.  And it is true.  I have to catch my breath often during the day.  I almost call her several times every single day.  And that's just me.  Her sister.  Not Jason.  Not her kids.  Grieving is a process I've been told and frankly, it stinks.  I feel most sick when I think of how long it may be until I see her again.   But then I am reminded that I will see her again someday.  And I am comforted that she is not hurting anymore.  She is in our real home with our heavenly Father.  Jesus has His arms wrapped tightly around the neck of my sweet sister.  That calms me down a little...makes me feel better.

Fortunately, Tatum, the oldest of the cousins, was available to look after the kids this summer.  What an incredible blessing and gift from above.  Kelly is without a doubt smiling and so thrilled to have Tatum watch her kiddos each day.  Here is a little glimpse at what our kids have been up to this first summer...

the summer bucket list...

Sam joined the Davis crew for a trip to Galveston...

cole and sammers catchin' hermit crabs :)

ben and billy on the beach in Destin, Florida


1

 caught a fish!  way to go ben!!


best buds...billy, preston and ben 


ella joined the Cesare family on their Colorado trip :)








sno-cones!! ella and meg :)



hawaiian falls...

 playin' fetch with bailey

ben and tatum


jump street!



rainy day fort!









meet sage...ella's new american girl doll

and sam says...peace out

Thank you Team Kelly for keeping all of us in your prayers.  We love and appreciate each one of you!

Some prayer requests for now:
- for peace and understanding
- for us all to figure out the new normal
- for the Team Kelly foundation...it's development and direction
- for a very dear friend who started chemo this week...katy.
- thank Him for TK prayer warriors carrying us through each day
- for jason, will, ben, sam, ella...always

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE seeing the photos of all these sweet, loved kiddos. I want you to know that not only are Jason, Will, Sam and Ella in my prayers everyday, but you Carol and your kids, and Kim's kids, your parents. All of you are on my heart daily. YOU are so blessed to have each other. You are all a beautiful example of STRENGTH, Faith, Love and TRUE meaning of FAMILY.
    We love you -
    Tara

    ReplyDelete