mom and dad and mom's high school friends have hope!
(love the mag 8 :))
(love the mag 8 :))
A little update on Kelly...she is feeling much better. Thank you for praying for her last week. It was a really tough week with treatment last Tuesday. This chemo is the strongest stuff they make. It makes her so sick requiring multiple trips to the chemo lounge for fluids. All the driving there and back, the physical side effects, and spending her days in the chemo lounge crush her spirit and fight. She gets so much encouragement from you all every day with cards, texts, visits, and emails. However, Kelly needs a BIG boost of willpower and fight. Lets bring out the Italian Stallion in her and flood the Katy Trail this weekend.
Here are some specific prayer requests:
-for pancreatic cancer research to come up with a less harsh maintenance plan of treatment
-for her to change her "I don't want to anymore" attitude to a strong "bring it on" kind of attitude
-for gratitude to be at the forefront of our minds and hearts every day

Kelly,
ReplyDeleteI draw strength from and and am inspired by your faith more and more each time I read your blog. You are a dear, dear person whom I have never met but love because you are beautiful, full of life, and you are a "friend of a friend." I have grown to love your family, to include all of you in my prayers and to think of your struggles first as I sort thru the minutiae of my days. Can you say a prayer too for a "friend of a friend" in surgery right now? He is having a biopsy for what they suspect is metastatic pancreatic cancer. He is your age with a wife and two boys. And I am sharing your story of HOPE and FAITH because God loves surprising us sometimes and He loves delivering GOOD NEWS! Thanks so much. All of God's bessings to you and yours. ...Kathryn